2023 Annual Dutch Oven and River Food Cook-off
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
7 pm at Cascade Outfitters, 602 E. 45th street
Briquettes will be started at 4 pm; come as early as you like.
1st place: Firepan
2nd place $75 gift card
3rd place $50 gift card
The audience will judge all dishes, so bring enough so all can taste what you cooked.
1. All entrants into the contest must provide a copy of the recipe.
2. You must be a current IWA member to compete in the contest. Sign up on-site!
3. All dishes must be ready to serve by 7:30 pm, NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. Judging will be done by audience participation. Everyone will be given one “judging ticket” for voting, which may be split into two halves for those who can not pick one favorite word.
5. All dishes must be cooked at the contest. Prepping can be done beforehand, but the cooking must be done at Maravia.
We will be providing charcoal briquettes for cooking. We will also be bringing some fire pans to cook on and a few chimneys to start coals in. We will provide paper plates, spoons, utensils, and napkins. Please bring the serving utensils you will need. We will also be providing some soft drinks and light appetizers. Be sure to bring your beverage and chair.
Since we all know the food costs, we will take donations to split evenly between the competitors to help them with the food costs. Donating $5 will give you a raffle ticket to win some awesome river swag.
Come down and have some fun and food with us.