7pm at Cascade River Gear 602 E. 45th street
Briquettes will be started at 5:30pm, come as early as you like.
Not a Dutch Oven expert but want to compete in the cookoff??
Grab the stove & cast iron skillet, dutch oven, and/or grill and head down to Cascade River Gear for a chance to earn the ultimate bragging rights & a CRG gift certificate.
PLEASE email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you plan to compete so that we bring your charcoal briquettes. Thanks!!
Official Rules, 2018
- All entrants into the contest must provide a copy of recipe, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- NO MEMBERSHIP IS NECESSARY
- All dishes must be ready to serve by 7pm.
- All IWA Members taste the competitors food & judge for free. If you are not a current member sign up on site for your annual membership.
- $10.00 to taste & judge without an IWA membership. We encourage cash donations for the cooks from everyone in attendance.
- Judging will be done by audience participation. Everyone will be given one ticket to be used for voting on their favorite dish. Each ticket may be split into two half’s, for those folks who cannot pick one favorite dish.
- All dishes must be cooked on site at the contest. Any prep that needs done can be done ahead of time, but the cooking must be done at the contest.
IWA will be providing the charcoal briquettes for cooking. We will also be bringing some fire pans to cook on and a few chimneys to start coals in. IWA will be providing the paper plates, plastic spoons, plastic forks, and paper napkins. Please bring any utensils you will need to serve your dish and tables for prep. IWA will also be providing an IGLOO cooler filled with water, please bring a refillable container. Be sure to bring your own adult beverages. Also bring yourself a chair..
Since we all know the costs of food, we will be taking donations to split evenly between the competitors, in order to help them with the food costs. Please consider bringing a donation for the cooks.
Come down and have some fun and food with IWA.